Stupid Question

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: HypnoEMG

Stupid Question

Postby pj1986 » April 8th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Hey everyone. Please accept my apologies for the stupid question that is about to follow...

I've been using Carsten's Deep Trance Induction and then attempting to use a few other files (which after thinking about it would probably be considered as "Advanced").

During the induction (and the files in general my concious mind is alert to a certain degree and I often find that my mind wanders) my eyes feel heavy (as instructed) and eventually I find that I don't want to keep them open. My limbs feel heavy, as instructed. Though I find that when Carsten says you cannot lift your arms, go ahead try it, that my body defies his instructions. During my latest "trance" I found that whilst I was awake that I would occasionally let out a solitary snore, which would generally cause me to be more alert.

So, I know this question is asked a lot but am I actually trancing?

Paul
pj1986

Postby mistschaufel » April 17th, 2010, 9:46 am

Sounds like light trancing to me. From my experience, I wouldn't worry about the arm movement issue; the subconscious sometimes interprets suggestions differently, or chooses not to follow suggestions for whatever reason. I have never "felt" that I cannot lift my arms, but there is a difference in how they feel (heavy).

The snore issue occasionally happens to me when I recline and relax deeply (I suffer sleep apnea) but with years of trance practice, I immediately return to about the level of trance in which I was originally.

Keep at it, it happened slowly for me. For about 2 years of a lot of practice, I could only trance at a certain level, and then suddenly it all clicked to where I lay down with headphones on and am immediately trancing during the pre-talk. I think the headphones/laying down combo became a trance trigger on its own. I often hear part of the introduction, and either part of the wakeup or none of the wakeup, and that's it. I kind of just let the words skim above my thoughts, not listening for comprehension. The words are for the subconscious and the sound is for the conscious mind. Hope any of this helps you.
mistschaufel

Postby pj1986 » April 19th, 2010, 2:22 pm

That's awesome, thanks very much for your reply.

One other quick question if I am Light Trancing, will the files have any effect?
pj1986

Postby mistschaufel » April 20th, 2010, 3:25 pm

They should, but "how, to what degree, and how long until" are the questions. I think it is a very personal, subjective experience. I am not a hypnotist (but I play one on TV...hehe...not really) and am not truly qualified to answer this question.

From my reading, most stop-smoking hypnosis is generally accomplished through light trance, yet some of the things involving heavy visualizations might require deeper levels of hypnosis. Plenty of resources on the internet to learn about it.
mistschaufel

Postby pj1986 » April 21st, 2010, 2:48 pm

Thanks very much for your help :D
pj1986

Postby pj1986 » April 26th, 2010, 3:45 pm

OK sorry to be a pain. I have another question.... I think I was just trancing, I was as deep as I've been. Then all of a sudden I had pins and needles in my left hand and forearm.

Is this normal?
pj1986

Return to General Hypnosis