Does anyone know of a good resource?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: HypnoEMG

Does anyone know of a good resource?

Postby juniper » June 21st, 2011, 9:38 am

I am hesitant to do this offline with a hypnotherapist, because they are just too expensive to afford for me. My significant other is currently in a situation where he may have to have multiple outpatient surgeries (and definitely has one next week), and he has to be on medication that can have longterm side effects.

I have an utter, complete, paralyzing terror of medication and anesthesia (or basically any chemical that can edit someone's personality). I have a few ideas as to where it came from, but no idea of what to start with in fixing it. My fear is causing some very big issues in our relationship, because I'm having a hard time being supportive because if I think too hard about what is going on, I can't stop crying out of the fear. I'm listening to a relaxation file once a day to try to handle the stress, which is helping some, but I need to get control back from the fear.

Does anyone know of any good suggestions (I searched files for fear, and either my computer didn't behave when I was searching, or there wasn't a file for this) of where to even start? I'm at a loss, and I want so much to be able to be supportive. I don't even want to completely make it go away, just turn it to a basic caution, so that I don't adore drugs, but am not terrified of them (think the difference between being arachnaphobic and cautious of spiders so you are less likely to be bitten).

Sincerely,

Glacilux
juniper

Postby juniper » June 23rd, 2011, 8:27 am

I mean this is the least desperate way possible. Absolutely any ideas of any places or general ideas of things that may work to start would be immensely useful (because right now, I'm out of ideas except for basic anxiety things, which only seem to work a little right now). Anything is better than nothing.

Peace.
juniper

A little help.

Postby Haxsaw » October 15th, 2011, 4:47 am

Dear Friend,
For relieving you of stress in the future try listening to System Overhaul, Girl's Version. I made it for people like you.
Sincerely,
Haxsaw
Haxsaw

Return to General Hypnosis