Interesting site

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: HypnoEMG

Interesting site

Postby iamstretchypanda » December 27th, 2006, 1:16 am

You should include a donate link on the left. Would be a very cool forum if some experienced/professionals debated theories, techniques etc.

Keep up the good work.
Last edited by iamstretchypanda on January 3rd, 2007, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Saying Java is nice because it works on all OS's is like saying that anal sex is nice because it works on all genders.'

'Mary had a little lamb, the doctor was surprised. When Old McDonald had a farm, the poor guy nearly died.'
iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Re: Interesting site

Postby HypnoEMG » December 30th, 2006, 2:08 pm

At this time I'm not really planning on a donate button, but we shall see. As for the discussion/debate, I am hoping that as things grow that will happen. Right now the site is still new and that gives it a lot of room to grow. I'm hoping that in time we'll have files posted by hundreds of different people and a good archive of messages, advice, scripts and techniques.

[quote:dcebb00ab3="iamstretchypanda"]You should include a donate link on the left. Would be a very cool forum if some experienced/professionals debated theories, techniques etc.

Keep up the good work.[/quote:dcebb00ab3]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Use of these files

Postby JinianVictoria » December 30th, 2006, 6:49 pm

I have tried at least one of these files and have noticed a dramatic change. I am most curious to know if all the files in a sequence are capable of the changes and more importantly I want these changes to be totall permanent. Can I expect this result?
JinianVictoria

Re: Use of these files

Postby HypnoEMG » December 31st, 2006, 4:05 am

Perhaps you should specify which files, I can't say anything until I have a bit better idea what you're trying to accomplish.

[quote:ffd78aa086="JinianVictoria"]I have tried at least one of these files and have noticed a dramatic change. I am most curious to know if all the files in a sequence are capable of the changes and more importantly I want these changes to be totall permanent. Can I expect this result?[/quote:ffd78aa086]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamstretchypanda » January 1st, 2007, 11:54 am

There isn't any chance you're a slashdot member are you. Someone gave you a little slashvertisement referring to the file that has to do with procrastination. Interesting. I did diminish pain 2-3 times and have noticed it starting to work, but with TrigPlease ('Feel pleasure now') 2-3 times and still nothing when someone else says it.

Is it common for some files to work better than others etc?

Also once your in trance could you just listen to the body of say 4-5 files in a row instead of coming in and out between each one?
Last edited by iamstretchypanda on January 3rd, 2007, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
'Saying Java is nice because it works on all OS's is like saying that anal sex is nice because it works on all genders.'

'Mary had a little lamb, the doctor was surprised. When Old McDonald had a farm, the poor guy nearly died.'
iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnoEMG » January 1st, 2007, 1:08 pm

Let's see... No, I am not a slasdot member, not even sure what that is. As for how you respond to the files, response to a file can be a very personal thing so it's impossible to say for certain which will work well and which won't. It depends on how your own mind reacts to the words and phrases in the file. Finally, yes you can paste several files together with one induction and one awakening, I do all of my files in that same modular way because that way I don't have to re-record the induction EVERY time.

[quote:09075c8611="iamstretchypanda"]There isn't any chance you're a slashdot member are you. Someone gave you a little slashvertisement referring to the file that has to do with procrastination. Interesting. I did diminish pain 2-3 times and have noticed it starting to work, but with TrigPlease ('Feel pleasure now') 2-3 times and still nothing when someone else says it.

Is it common for some files to work better than others etc?

Also once your in trance could you just listen to the body of say 4-5 files in a row instead of coming in and out between each one?[/quote:09075c8611]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamstretchypanda » January 1st, 2007, 10:18 pm

i noticed about the inductions. I like some better than others. My favorite are the relax your feet, calves, thighs, and etc. A little short but seem to give me the same effect as the longer inductions.

[color=blue:6165e7debf][u:6165e7debf][b:6165e7debf][url=http://www.slashdot.org]Slashdot[/url][/b:6165e7debf][/u:6165e7debf][/color:6165e7debf] is a rather large website that gathers relevant, up-to-date scientific/technological news. They have a rather large user base and typically serve 80 million pages per month. Someone posted hypno-files.com there and voila, i'm sure quite a few people checked it out.

How did you get into Hypnosis and the like?

What made you want to start hypno-files.com?

What are your qualifications as a Hypno-Therapist (sp?)?

What are your qualifications as a webmaster?

Etc etc, i'm just kinda curious.
Last edited by iamstretchypanda on January 3rd, 2007, 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnoEMG » January 2nd, 2007, 8:38 am

I have been into hypnosis for several years, I was curious about it throughout my teenage years and picked it up as a hobby about 10 years ago. hypno-files.com is actually an offshoot of a hypnofetish site I created called warpmymind.com, I created it because I realized that there were quite a few people that were using the site for bodybuilding and other non-fetish topics and decided that I should make something better suited for the general public. I hope it becomes a place where a variety of people post hypnosis related mp3's and information and not just myself.

As for my personal qualifications, I practice hypnosis as a hobby, I am not a trained professional although I have considered getting more training and becoming one.

As for my skills as a webmaster, I've been doing it for several years and I'm a computer programmer by profession.

[quote:442710f226="iamstretchypanda"]How did you get into Hypnosis and the like?

What made you want to start hypno-files.com?

What are your qualifications as a Hypno-Therapist (sp?)?

What are your qualifications as a webmaster?

Etc etc, i'm just kinda curious.[/quote:442710f226]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamstretchypanda » January 2nd, 2007, 11:35 am

Something that would be rather cool would be to have a setup sort of like how Nvidia does its download drivers page.
[color=blue:8976a9e6b5][u:8976a9e6b5][b:8976a9e6b5][url=http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp]nVidia[/url][/b:8976a9e6b5][/u:8976a9e6b5][/color:8976a9e6b5]

Have the download page have 3 boxes. The first box would say chose an induction, the next box would say choose the body (i.e. content), then an awakening. WHen the user clicks download it dynamically creates the file according to specs and sends it off. :]

iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnoEMG » January 2nd, 2007, 5:46 pm

I'll agree, that would be cool :) However someone with more technical knowledge of mp3's and how they go together than I have would have to do it and it would probably stress my server more than a little bit. When the site has a hundred thousand users(or so) I'll consider getting a dedicated server and build something like that.

[quote:1205be5291="iamstretchypanda"]Something that would be rather cool would be to have a setup sort of like how Nvidia does its download drivers page.
[color=blue:1205be5291][u:1205be5291][b:1205be5291][url=http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp]nVidia[/url][/b:1205be5291][/u:1205be5291][/color:1205be5291]

Have the download page have 3 boxes. The first box would say chose an induction, the next box would say choose the body (i.e. content), then an awakening. WHen the user clicks download it dynamically creates the file according to specs and sends it off. :][/quote:1205be5291]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamstretchypanda » January 2nd, 2007, 10:41 pm

Could write a script to run the page with the mp3 linking mechanism, and then when/if your server gets to high a load it can display a page with the regular files and a message saying "mp3 linking service is under maintenance right now, please try back later" etc etc.

Haha... i enjoy that kinda stuff, let me know if you ever want to setup something like that (might take a few months and a good amount of research/testing, but great experience etc). Only real problem i foresee besides server load is having to upload the body of the file.

Now a relevant question :p. Would listening to the body of many files in 1 session lessen the results/effects?

Did you formally study for your computer science/programming, or is it self taught?

iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnoEMG » January 3rd, 2007, 12:36 am

Actually, I already upload the bodies of all the files so that's NOT a problem for me, if you want to try to build something like that I'll be happy to add it to the site. As for my experience, I'm self taught, code mostly in C++ but do what's needed in whatever language is needed. As for listening to a bunch of bodies, I generally recommend that trance be kept to about an hour and stick to only one or two topics, the more they range the less overall effect you're likely to get.

[quote:9b35209620="iamstretchypanda"]Could write a script to run the page with the mp3 linking mechanism, and then when/if your server gets to high a load it can display a page with the regular files and a message saying "mp3 linking service is under maintenance right now, please try back later" etc etc.

Haha... i enjoy that kinda stuff, let me know if you ever want to setup something like that (might take a few months and a good amount of research/testing, but great experience etc). Only real problem i foresee besides server load is having to upload the body of the file.

Now a relevant question :p. Would listening to the body of many files in 1 session lessen the results/effects?

Did you formally study for your computer science/programming, or is it self taught?[/quote:9b35209620]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamstretchypanda » January 3rd, 2007, 1:23 am

I'll get back to you on that in a little bit, say a month or so. Gonna be a bitch to pseudo-code... :p

I'm not exactly sure how you would go about linking the mp3s. How many premium members do you have?

iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnoEMG » January 3rd, 2007, 12:15 pm

See, that's where I am, not sure how to link the mp3's either and right now I don't have very many, but hey, the site's pretty new I don't expect a lot.

[quote:3fb2b03076="iamstretchypanda"]I'll get back to you on that in a little bit, say a month or so. Gonna be a bitch to pseudo-code... :p

I'm not exactly sure how you would go about linking the mp3s. How many premium members do you have?[/quote:3fb2b03076]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamstretchypanda » January 3rd, 2007, 5:26 pm

haha... i intend to soon, just gotta get around to it. Gotta dig up the ol' paypal information :p.

I talked to some really smart people and one of them said to write/use an API and have it append the files together. He doesnt know how well it will scale though, which is the 2nd problem. 100 some members in a 1-2 months isn't bad. It's nice that you have some much content so quickly.

Idea to keep people coming back: A newsletter or something, every 2-4 weeks etc. Its nice to have a little reminder once in awhile (alot of times i go somewhere and think, this is a really cool site and just forget about it from the daily hustle and bustle), or maybe some sort of system that could email a user when new files are uploaded to the system in a category/genre he is interested.

I'm pretty sure php-nuke has built in newsletter... Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a nice little reminder to come back to the site.

Do you work at a company, or from home. Ever checked out rentacoder.com? Its a neat little place, but alot of programmers from 3rd world countries/smaller countries that are doing work extremely cheap so its hard to compete with.

iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnoEMG » January 4th, 2007, 12:39 am

Actually, when you created your account there was an option to get new file announcements. I probably should do a newsletter as well, but they aren't my forte. I should also do articles on hypnosis. Oh, well, have to start somewhere. As for sites like rentacoder, yeah I tried that for a while but it's easier to do the 9-5 fun.
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby iamstretchypanda » January 4th, 2007, 1:21 am

Hypnosis articles would be cool. Just trying to get your take on the programming world. I am rather new to it, but enjoy it.

iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Postby Sarnoga » January 4th, 2007, 6:08 am

[quote:464c25aa18="iamstretchypanda"]
Idea to keep people coming back: A newsletter or something, every 2-4 weeks etc. Its nice to have a little reminder once in awhile (alot of times i go somewhere and think, this is a really cool site and just forget about it from the daily hustle and bustle), or maybe some sort of system that could email a user when new files are uploaded to the system in a category/genre he is interested.

I'm pretty sure php-nuke has built in newsletter... Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just a nice little reminder to come back to the site.

[/quote:464c25aa18]

Just what we all need, more email. I am not in favor of anything that automatically generates email and sends it out to people unless they have made a selection that they want to recieve it.

Sarnoga
Sarnoga

Postby HypnoEMG » January 4th, 2007, 9:01 am

Don't worry, I won't send unsolicited emails, a newsletter(life file announcements) would be something people sign up for not receive automaticaly.

[quote:ccbc4cfabc="Sarnoga"]
Just what we all need, more email. I am not in favor of anything that automatically generates email and sends it out to people unless they have made a selection that they want to recieve it.

Sarnoga[/quote:ccbc4cfabc]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Sarnoga » January 4th, 2007, 4:20 pm

As long as you have to sign up for it to get it I am all in favor of it.
Sarnoga

Postby iamstretchypanda » January 4th, 2007, 7:57 pm

A very large percent of emails also have unsubscribe links. Simply click and you don't get any more emails.

iamstretchypanda
Regular
Regular

Return to Idle Chatter