To what extent is it possible to change the body?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: HypnoEMG

To what extent is it possible to change the body?

Postby Inedible » March 2nd, 2009, 11:37 am

Hi. This year I started doing yoga with some consistency, and have kept it up for two months so far. What I was wondering was if hypnosis can help me to improve my abilities to hold postures and to relax and go deeper into them. It seems like a lot of the relaxation and meditation sessions are more about sitting still with the eyes closed than moving through a sequence of postures. Being able to naturally avoid mucus-producing foods would help, too (dairy, wheat, corn, sugar). Or maybe just to slow the production of mucus? There are other alterations to the body which are used with the more advanced practices, but I think I will stick to asking about this for now because I don't want to seem entirely crazy on my first post.
Inedible

Re: To what extent is it possible to change the body?

Postby HypnoEMG » March 4th, 2009, 10:07 pm

Hypnosis should actually be a nice compliment to your efforts in yoga. Body and mind can frequently work hand-in-hand and a carefully crafted hypnosis session could allow you to combine the two.

[quote:3a3bea41f3="Inedible"]Hi. This year I started doing yoga with some consistency, and have kept it up for two months so far. What I was wondering was if hypnosis can help me to improve my abilities to hold postures and to relax and go deeper into them. It seems like a lot of the relaxation and meditation sessions are more about sitting still with the eyes closed than moving through a sequence of postures. Being able to naturally avoid mucus-producing foods would help, too (dairy, wheat, corn, sugar). Or maybe just to slow the production of mucus? There are other alterations to the body which are used with the more advanced practices, but I think I will stick to asking about this for now because I don't want to seem entirely crazy on my first post.[/quote:3a3bea41f3]
HypnoEMG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » October 3rd, 2009, 6:16 am

[quote:222ef7a11b="Inedible"] It seems like a lot of the relaxation and meditation sessions are more about sitting still with the eyes closed than moving through a sequence of postures. [/quote:222ef7a11b]

Thats because its actually a trance - which enables you to control the body functions - basically yes to your question.

Hypnosis could also be used to enable you to have better muscle control being able to focus more on the muscle groups neede for the certain poses etc etc.
whatthe75

expect a reasonable change in 6 month time

Postby stillwater » November 4th, 2009, 3:44 am

best wishes for your yoga effort.
doing yoga in the early morning is best.
end your yoga exercises with sava asana.
during sava asana, you can relax further in to deep relaxation and do mind clearing & seeding, this time you can use it like self-hypnosis session.
it works best for people who are not able to gointo self hypnosis state.

I read your kechari mudra post, mutilating tongue portion is not true.

-stillwater
stillwater

Postby hanley82 » April 14th, 2010, 10:41 am

Stillwater, mucus is not cutting it off but the flegm/spit created
hanley82

Postby Centru18 » August 8th, 2010, 3:29 am

I do yoga also.

According to Inyengar style yoga which is one of the older styles, early or late is best.

Early the body is stiffer but more intelligent, its easier to recognize exactly how far you need to go to achieve your edge.

Evening the body is looser, but less responsive.

Playing the edge is where the meditative aspect comes in, the way it was explained to me is that your edge changes from day to day even hour to hour, finding that sweet spot where you feel the pulling but before the pain.

Meditation before allows you to be more at peace with yourself, to surrender to your postures and moving meditation.

Ive been doing yoga for almost 2 years.
Centru18

Postby adby » March 22nd, 2011, 11:44 pm

[quote:9a72ede548="HypnoEMG"]Hypnosis should actually be a nice compliment to your efforts in yoga. Body and mind can frequently work hand-in-hand and a carefully crafted hypnosis session could allow you to combine the two.

[quote:9a72ede548="Inedible"]Hi. This year I started doing yoga with some consistency, and have kept it up for two months so far. What I was wondering was if hypnosis can help me to improve my abilities to hold postures and to relax and go deeper into them. It seems like a lot of the relaxation and meditation sessions are more about sitting still with the eyes closed than moving through a sequence of postures. Being able to naturally avoid mucus-producing foods would help, too (dairy, wheat, corn, sugar). Or maybe just to slow the production of mucus? There are other alterations to the body which are used with the more advanced practices, but I think I will stick to asking about this for now because I don't want to seem entirely crazy on my first post.[/quote:9a72ede548][/quote:9a72ede548]

All concerns are important so continue to ask what you do not understand.
I am looking for a Daddy 6 feet or taller. to help me.
Extra Info:
YOU have the power to resist. Even though there are some people who seem to at least partially give up control of their minds, that is because of
adby
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis