1st vs. 2nd person in self-hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: HypnoEMG

1st vs. 2nd person in self-hypnosis

Postby CerebralVortex » June 30th, 2010, 9:55 am

I've been wanting to re-record some files from both here and wmm for my own use. I'm wondering if the wording makes much difference:

Should I use the 2nd person ("you"), to mimic the hypnotist/subject experience, or should I use the first person (I, me) so it's like my own brain is talking to me? Does it matter?

Does anyone have any experience listening to files with their own voice? Does it work as well as when someone else does the talking?
CerebralVortex

Postby slutinmyhead » August 6th, 2010, 4:14 pm

I suggest using both. For that matter, you can also use third person.
Metaphors and stories in hypnosis can convey values you hope to impart.
slutinmyhead

Postby softline » August 8th, 2010, 9:37 pm

The risk to using your own voice depends on the level of credability you assign to yourself. This varies from topic to topice. If you are planning to suggest something that you would not normally do you may have more difficulty convincing yourself than if a third party suggests something to you.
softline

Postby adby » March 23rd, 2011, 10:02 pm

[quote:ab8273d385="softline"]The risk to using your own voice depends on the level of credability you assign to yourself. This varies from topic to topice. If you are planning to suggest something that you would not normally do you may have more difficulty convincing yourself than if a third party suggests something to you.[/quote:ab8273d385]

Name: The Victorian Dress.
Description: An old sound track from Mark Andrew Runnells of The North American Continent. Girls ages 15 to adult can listen, following the instructions. She finds herself at a secret place. What is that container? Who left these neat clothes behind? You try on all the clothing, feeling wonderous. Rated (G) for color, fun and a surprise ending. No dirty language. No sex implied or committed. No violence.
Author: Haxsaw Added On: 2008-10-30 Downloaded: 151 Length: 10:12
adby
Mentor
Mentor

Re: 1st vs. 2nd person in self-hypnosis

Postby adby » March 23rd, 2011, 10:08 pm

[quote:0ca91e65f5="CerebralVortex"]I've been wanting to re-record some files from both here and wmm for my own use. I'm wondering if the wording makes much difference:

Should I use the 2nd person ("you"), to mimic the hypnotist/subject experience, or should I use the first person (I, me) so it's like my own brain is talking to me? Does it matter?

Does anyone have any experience listening to files with their own voice? Does it work as well as when someone else does the talking?[/quote:0ca91e65f5]

This lite is Alive and thriving
adby
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis